HOW TO OBTAIN POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR USE IN TURKEY
1. Draft your power of attorney according to the U.S regulations in English, (to be prepared by us.).
2. Affix a passport size photo on top of the left hand side of the page.
3. Add a copy of the first page of your valid passport as an attachment.
4. Go to any notary public in your county.
5. Sign your document in front of the Notary Public.
6. Have your signature notarized.
7. Have your photo and copy of the passport notarized.
8. After you complete the notarizations, have that Notary Public authenticated by the County Clerk.
9. After all, you must get an Apostille from the State’s Department of State.
10. Your power of attorney needs to be translated in Turkish and be presented along with the
original POA that has the Apostille.
11. If you have it translated in the U.S. the translation has to have an Apostille too, after
being notarized and Authenticated by the County Clerk.
12. However, if you have it translated in Turkey by a sworn translator (yeminli tercüman),
having the translation notarized by a Turkish notary will be enough validation along with
the original POA that has Apostille.
13. Once you get an Apostille, Consulate’s legalization is not required according to the
Hague Convention [Lahey Anlaşması].
14. You can send your POA to Turkey directly after completing the steps.
15. If you live in Washington DC Turkish Embassy Consular Section jurisdiction area you
can get Apostille from Secretary of State of Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia and