Don’t buy any property in Turkey before watching. You can still buy a property in Turkey cheaper than Turkish buyers, here is our VAT Exemption Guidance for getting %18 Discount; We have searched VAT Exemption Law in Turkey and prepared this blog available on Select Turkey (Turkey Property Portal) .
VAT EXEMPTION CONDITIONS
1. THEY SHOULDN’T RESIDE IN TURKEY
Buyers should not reside in Turkey and mustn’t have any residence address in Turkey.
2.THEY SHOULDN’T RESIDE IN TURKEY FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS A CALENDER YEAR.
(Temporary leaves are not excluded from the period of residing in Turkey.)
Businessman, scientests, expersts,officers, press and broadcast reporters who visit Turkey for a certain and temporary duty other persons similar to these and the foreigners coming for education or treatment are not considered as resided in Turkey even if they stay more than 6 months in Turkey.
3.THE AMOUNT OF THE HOUSE OR OFFICE SHOULD BE PAID %50 BEFORE THE ISSUING DATE OF INVOICE
Buyers should be paid %50 amount before invoive and the remaining %50 latest within a year after the invoice date documenting them as brought from abroad in foreign currency
4. DOCUMENTATION OF FUND
The payment amount of the house or office must be documented as brought from abroad.
5. CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Payment for buying a house and office can be made by the credit cards issued by banks at abroad but it is prerequisite that a bank receipt and a letter to be issued by the relevant domestic bank should be obtained stating that the foreign currency related to payment is brought to Turkey.
6. AFTER 2017 TRANSACTIONS
The foreign currency received from abroad should be brought through a bank after 08.03.2017 when the relevant Law is enacted or if brought together with passenger then its entrance to Turkey should be documented by the customs authorization .
7. BUILDING LICENSE OR SITUATION OF PROPERTY
It is a prerequisite that the building license of the house and office with an exemption in their sales is obtained they are actually delivered in ready to use condition and construction servitude is established.
8. ONLY FIRST TIME BUYERS
This exemption is only applied for the first sales of the house or office and it is not applied for second sales.
9. LAW DETAILS
For the sales to the foreigners within the scope of exemption , the fact that the sales of house and office is madewith VAT exemption within the scope of article (13/i) of the Law no..3065 should be annotated to the statements coloumn in the land register with a noification to the land registery office at the time of sales.
DOCUMENTS TO BE ASKED FROM FOREIGNERS
- Passport Copy
- Original copy of the document to be received from the tax office located at the address of house and office that the foreigner is not a resident in Turkey.
- Bank approved bank receipt or letter related to the customer account documenting the amount paid for house and office is brought from abroad.
- All documents shall be obtained from the foreigner before the delivery date of independent section.
- In order to apply VAT Exemption to the foreigner, it is required that all articles above as well as the condition set out in communiqueno.12 published in the Official Gazzette issue no.30057 on 5.5.2017.
[sg_popup id=”19657″ event=”inherit”][/sg_popup]
🏠Turk Citizen Limited Company
🌏 Turkey Citizenship by Investment
🙋♂️Head of Sales - @gotogokhan