If the Residence Permit is Lost or Stolen.


If your residence permit is lost or stolen, you must immediately notify the police and file a report. Then go to the immigration office with a copy of the police report. You will not require an appointment.

Bring the following items to the immigration office:

  • A copy of the police report

  • Two biometric images

  • Your passport and a copy of it, including the pages with your name and photo and the page with the most recent entry stamp.

  • A copy of the lost or stolen residence permit, if you have one (it is always a good idea to take a photo of the front and back or scan your residence permit and save it in case you need it).

Fees for Replacing a Residence Permit

A fee will be charged to have your new residence permit card printed. The cost for 2022 is 160.

You may be asked to pay half of the residency permit processing charge. As indicated on your initial page, the sum is based on your original “İkamet İzni Kayıt Formu” submission (Registration Form for a Residence Permit). You can estimate the cost based on daily fluctuations in the US dollar and Turkish Lira exchange rates.

The fee you pay will vary due to daily fluctuations in the value of the Turkish Lira and the US dollar, but you’ll have a good idea of what it will be.

The Delivery Of The Residence Permit

When your replacement residence permit application is approved, and your new card is printed, the immigration office will send it to you via registered mail.

If Your Residence Permit Is Stolen or Lost While You Are Outside of Turkey

If you are in another country and your residence permit is lost or stolen, you may enter Turkey without purchasing an e-visa if you are eligible to travel to Turkey, or you may need a visa to check in at the departure point depending on your nationality. Explain the situation to the immigration officer while showing them your passport. Using your passport number, they’ll be able to see that you’re a resident in their system. After entering Turkey, report the theft or loss to a police station. Obtain a copy of the police report and proceed as directed above.

Join The Discussion

Compare listings